View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #356
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
So you're conducting your own little psyche experiments, on unwitting groups of people in a social setting, with no set parameters or control
You are getting pissy about a post that presents the parameters as well as the control - are you particularly bothered that they were unwitting, s every single person who's entered the visual perception of every other single person in the world? And if it was just day to day pattern recognition without awareness would it have been better? Unless you take a moral stance against the working of human minds in general, then by the process of elimination your disgust comes down to a disgust at awareness - doing what our minds naturally do consciously and knowingly.

And disgust at awareness is problematic... Willful ignorance really has made me puke in the past. Our previous instances of friction surround your offense at my criticism about applying designated walls of ignorance too. And we were friends from before I really understood it as a tool and it's ramifications well enough to have any problem with it... I suppose it makes sense I wouldn't have noticed that. Yay for value differences - always fun.

Last edited by it; 10-16-2015 at 05:11 PM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote