Thread: Car question
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #405
glatt

Another car question.

I've got a cousin for whom I have power of attorney. Just moved him into an assisted living facility. I want to sell his car, but need to get the piece of shit Ford running before that can happen.

2009 Ford Focus

Won't start. Won't turn over. Not even a clicking sound coming from the starter. But the fucking car alarm is going off the entire time. And the flashers flash. And all the lights on the instrument panel are blinking. It's like the car is possessed. I thought initially the button cell battery in the key was dead, so I replaced that with a new one. The doors don't unlock with the key remote, even with a fresh battery. So I unlock with the metal key manually. Get in, and the car starts beeping at me. I try to start the car, and a second or two later the car starts honking non-stop.

The neighbors say that it used to do this for my cousin too.

He has dementia, and had lost his keys. I found paperwork from Ford that they made a new key for him. And I think the car had worked for him after that. But I don't know and can't ask him.

I feel like this is a bad key/alarm/ignition lockout issue, but could be totally wrong.

I'm at the point where I'm thinking of having the car towed to the dealership, but thought I'd solicit advice here first.

Anyone want to buy a fucking Ford?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote