View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #651
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
What's bumming my stone is that my locally owned and operated for two or three generations pharmacy has closed its doors. Surprisingly, not because of Rite Aid or CVS. It was mainly because of mail order and the insane nickel and dime charges such as, every time the doc faxes a scrip refill to the pharmacy they get hit with a 2 or 3% fee. I don't know who's got their hand out, but I guess it can'y be a regular fax. Insurance companies take a cut from the pharmacy, the pharmacist rattled off about five different fees they are hit with just to fill your scrip. They even have to pay a couple of cents per pill dispensed as a dispensing fee! They finally said, fuck it, we're not making any money. After all the fees are added up they make very little on the sale.

So, they've closed and now I have to go to the big chain grocery store 12 miles away because the RiteAid around the corner doesn't accept my insurance.