Thread: 2016 Election
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 AM   #87
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Hilary may not be a very nice person. But evil? Seriously? In a contest that includes Trump?

[eta] I find it really hard to understand the level of vitriol against Clinton. Given the kinds of things politicians of every stripe seem to get up to, her shennanigans seem small fry to me. I don't mean by this to suggest that anybody here is sexist 0 just that we, all of us, tend to see people's actions differently depending on their gender (lot of studies show that unconsious bias - where the exact same set of actions/behaviours are viewed wholly differently depending on whether the subject is a woman or a man) but I do think if a male politician had the exact same political motivations and attitudes and acted in the same way whilst in office - he'd be seen very differently. His enemies would still make hay and his disillusioned former supporters wuld still despise - but I doubt anybody would be calling him evil, because he would seem a lightweight compared to some of the other monsters on the field.

Last edited by DanaC; 09-12-2015 at 03:59 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote