Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #263
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Coffee company.

The recruiter was very enthusiastic, we corresponded, then, nothing. Crickets. This of course is not uncommon. But coming after exchanges and acknowledgments, that's kind of unusual. So, I finally got in touch with her again, and asked, hey, wtf? I probably used my indoor voice and vocabulary, but that was the upshot of my query. She said, sorry, the project has been suspended, (don't call me) I'll call you when it is restarted. *sigh*

That's believable, that's typical. An idea for xyz calls for some logistical organization, some resource gathering, some data analysis, etc., etc. It maaay be that the resource gathering was what I experienced when the toe-bone said to the foot-bone and the foot-bone said to the leg-bone and then I got a call. But by the time the project rose to the hp bone, bzzzzzzt. Stoppage. No backbone, no project (or whatever). Regardless, those resources that had begin to be assembled are now superfluous. So communication with me was stopped. Nevermind that *I* was counting on it, pfffft.

Aaaaaannnnnnyway.

I have a friend who works at the coffee company and my friend did get me the name and contact info of the person at the coffee company who was/would be likely to be the person heading up the (suspended) program and I will now contact him. Seeing as I'm free and all these days.