View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #137
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh Christ, this is sick.
Quote:
What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism
As I write this, my children are asleep in their room, Loretta Lynn is on the stereo, and my wife is out on a date with a man named Paulo. It’s her second date this week; her fourth this month so far. If it goes like the others, she’ll come home in the middle of the night, crawl into bed beside me, and tell me all about how she and Paulo had sex. I won’t explode with anger or seethe with resentment. I’ll tell her it’s a hot story and I’m glad she had fun. It’s hot because she’s excited, and I’m glad because I’m a feminist.
And it gets sicker.

A reply.
Quote:
Um, monogamy means you BOTH control each other’s sexual expression, to the extent that you expect fidelity. It’s a submission, sure, but it’s a mutual submission- and it has benefits. This “asking your partner to be faithful is patriarchal oppression” bullshit is just a sick, sad cover story for a marriage that’s lost its spark. What if I said, “hey baby, I need a side ho to counteract your matriarchal oppression in order to express my sexual agency”? It sounds like pure bullshit coming from the mouth of a man, because it’s pure bullshit. It’s someone with a women’s studies degree justifying away being a skeezbag. I know, I have a women’s studies degree. I speak the language.