View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #47
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

And lunch. Wow. People come to the museum just for lunch and I can see why.
Carlisle-crap-Bistro-train-station-crappy could make a fortune if they sold this food, instead of the soggy muck they dished up.

When we arrived we were the only ones there, but apparently Tuesdays tend to be hit and miss. Limey says it's extremely popular. Not hard to work out why. Varied and interesting menu for such a small place. Table service with a smile. It's probably not licensed (didn't look) but you don't go to a museum to get lathered up anyway.

I went for the most boring and basic. But it was a million times better than the expensive club sandwich my Support Worker bought me in Leeds. Toasted mozzarella, ham and red onion.
Name:  2015-06-30 13.04.47.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  83.5 KB

The Limes went for something along the lines of Coronation [curried] Chicken baguette. Both declared it very good. All made to order - Mr Limey didn't want cashew nuts on his, so he didn't have them. No peeling food out of plastic wrappers here.
Name:  2015-06-30 13.04.53.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  66.8 KB

We were offered dessert. I said No of course. Then Limes read out the Specials from the board behind me and as soon as she said there was a strawberry pavlova I caved in like a meringue. It was delicious.
Name:  2015-06-30 13.28.41.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  49.5 KB

Mr Limey demurred, but Limey had the Award Winning rice pudding. Well, it's award winning now, as Limey voted it the best rice pudding she's ever had. It was coconut, lime and... ginger? She will elucidate. Not my bag, but apparently a wonder of its kind. And I have to say it smelled divine.
Name:  2015-06-30 13.28.37.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  50.7 KB