View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #40
it
Banned

If you don't mind the nitpicking, since it's something I've researched relatively recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
In more progressive states the courts are seeing 50-50 joint custody as being in the best interests of the kids.
People often mistake the meaning of "joint custody" to mean 50/50. The most common practice in virtually all states within the US is joint legal custody & primary caregiver physical custody, which usually means it's still around 5 days mom 2 days dad, or even every other week arrangements.

The research on the matter suggests the best interest of the kids is joint physical custody - the one where both parents have 50% of the time with the children (or within the range of 40-60%), who do suffer in well being initially but at later ages are almost on pair in all measurements with children of non divorced parents. Joint legal custody alone provides little to no testable benefits on the child's well being when compared to visitation rights (Both of which have both parents spending more or less the same amount of time with the child).

(I realize all of this is besides the point, which I have little to no opinion about because a bar can mean anything from an almost-stripclub with loud eardrum tearing music and college kids doing belly button shots to a nice family friendly restaurant that also has alcohol... So go on, nothing to see here).

Last edited by it; 06-23-2015 at 12:03 PM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote