View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #103
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
If the notion that trading off natural resources now to advance science so it can solve our natural resources problems later was valid, all our fresh water sources that were naturally potable before pollution would be naturally potable again today.
Here, "our" refers to the world's natural resources, not just this country's. Global warming to global water pollution, apples to apples. There's just a longer time line for water pollution anywhere to become a problem for everyone everywhere compared to air pollution. My contention was that even if science comes up with a technological solution to global warming (as it has for water pollution), it will take time to implement globally and associated costs will take a toll on other aspects of humanity. UT reinforced those points. Thank you.

I don't fall into either the science will save us or the there's nothing we can do categories. The former is just another rationalization for holding the latter position. Did you ever notice that people who think we'll need a World Police for something are often the same people who think we shouldn't be the world's police (even though we may be the lesser of all evils). Fascinating.

LLAP
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote