View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 07:59 AM   #69
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

so WHY is it so important for christians to believe? you showed me where is says it. I already knew it to be true. I said WHY?
In your own words.

Quote:
You can't have it both ways. If I spend my life rejecting God because I think Christianity takes away my freedom of choice, I can't complain to him at the end of my life because his word turned out to be true and I didn't believe it. You want choice or not?
And I wasn't saying I reject God. In my question, I have led a good life. One that otherwise aligns with the christian ( and most other religions, btw) tenents. I simply reserve judgement on what will come after this life until I get there. Why must I be damned to an eternity of hell for being rational?

I have to tell you that I've asked this questions of christians before and the answer is always " that's just how it is" If what I have described IS true, and the christian God WOULD damn me just for not believing in Jesus based on what is written in a bible that I don't trust to be the original message, then ......

I guess I expect GOD to be nicer.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote