View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #180
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I can not only see, I expect where it's going. It's going the way of the nation, following the walmart blueprint of buying or any and all competition. That way you have no shot at voting with your dollars, even if you're one of the few who still gives a damn about your neighbors and community. The only thing with the power to stand up to these godzillas is the federal government, but they own that. In 2016 they'll install Romney or another Bush, and the conquest over the citizens will be complete.

But, but, but, power to the people, man. Rise up against the oppressors.
Yeah right, what people, two thirds are living paycheck to paycheck...
Quote:
In 2010, Mississippi and Tennessee had the largest share of workers earning wages that put them at or under the official poverty threshold for a family of four, at 33.7 percent and 32.8 percent, respectively. The District of Columbia and Alaska had the smallest share of workers in this category, at 11.6 percent and 17.5 percent, respectively.
Wow, DC wins with only 12% making less than poverty level money. That's if they're working at all.

But Obama is going to give us free collage so we can climb out of the swamp and fight back.
Oh yeah, that will work, get edumacated, acquire more debt, and still be making zip.
Quote:
An analysis of the education and training levels projected to be necessary for the labor force of 2020 shows that jobs will not require a significantly greater level of education or training than workers currently possess. Therefore, a simple increase in the share of workers with a college degree will not ensure that tomorrow’s economy generates better and more equitable outcomes than today’s economy.
Ok, I'm old but that means I've seen a lot. I've see the decline of the good people of the United States to steer the government to do good things.
I've seen the fat-dumb&happy let themselves be brainwashed into blaming labor unions, commies under the bed, foreigners, non-whites and non-Christians, for all the boogiemen they've never seen, but are convinced are out there lurking in the dark.

Reagan was proof the trickledowners were taking over, and the reelection of Bush II sealed the deal. The election/reelection of Obama just demonstrated the White House is a dog & pony show to distract the peons while governorships and legislatures, federal and state, were being bought. That's where the power is, and they don't owe you shit.