View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #694
monster
I hear them call the tide

I got a job. full time. and learned today it starts on Wednesday. it's all come little suddenly. I've been a stay-at-home-mom for nearly 18 years -since I got my PhD.

It's not a PhD job, it's an Admin-ish job in a supermarket, but it's good $ for such a thing. it's a new store, a chain from another state, this is the first in MI. It isn't open yet. I saw a series of ads online (Craigslist) looking for general workers for the various departments and applied without my usual procrastination and with complete honesty about my background and needs using their generic form in case they had something to suit me. And apparently they did. I only wanted part-time though, but this position is full time. I don't even know about hours and vacation and shit. They employed me with no resume, no references, no drug test, no background check..... so I kinda felt that they see my worth so that has to be a good omen, right?

No idea how it's all going to pan out re school runs etc, but with one going to uni next year I needed to get a job. This just feels a bit sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut-ish. Gonna have to get a third car with the first few paychecks ...or some snowshoes