Thread: Mental Health
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

bbro, your body needs to adjust to the meds. Different medications act differently in different people. I've tried a number of them until I find the right 'cocktail' and each time there was an adjustment period.

So it may be that you just need time to adjust. It may be that the meds aren't the right ones for you. I would try to take them until you talk to the therapist and express these concerns.

I don't believe in throwing meds at everything. I know that for me, the meds probably saved my life.

Without getting into the details of your situation, I wonder if the doctor spoke with you at length about your symptoms or if it is just one of those who throw meds at everything.

And you say you were rather pushed into this by your boyfriend. He must have some concerns for your well-being. Is this what YOU want? Do YOU think there is a problem or does your boyfriend just find you 'difficult' at times.

Obviously there are no easy answers, and I can only speak from my personal experience...it is YOUR health and you will take responsibility for it when you have a nice long chat with your therapist as to your situation, your symptoms, and what sort of outcome you are looking for.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote