View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #51
monster
I hear them call the tide

She applied early to her back-up and just learned she's in (Michigan State)

Harvard early decision app goes in next week

then the rest in a few weeks. She has to decide her second choice this weekend (because the deadline for getting her SAT subject test results sent to them without extra charge is Monday). 3rd choice is U of Mich. I think she plans to apply to one more

After talking to her counsellor, she figured she needs to apply to Liberal Arts colleges with Water polo teams and good school spirit

We're being called fairly regularly by a D3 water polo coach which is incredibly flattering, but unfortunately the school is not particularly well rated academically

This is expensive. She knows my credit card number by heart. $15 to send ACT results here $3 to send transcript there.... then the application fees are $50-$75 each. nuts.

She took her SAT subject tests last weekend (then we drove like a bat out of hell to get her to an important swim meet where she arrived just in the nick of time for her event (and got another state cut) This is loony tunes.

Limey, how is it different now? They don't apply to 5 through the clearing house and accept 2 any more? Are there fees now?

the thing I find horribly different is I chose based on my major and then how the grades they typically wanted matched my projected grades. It was a double major and only a few universities offered it, so that narrowed it down easily. here/now you don't have to know your major. It helps if you know you want to be an engineer or a doctor, but if you have no idea, that's fine.....