View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #69
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
Why give millions of dollars to a cause you don't give a damn about?
They do, I don't.
Quote:
Surely, that expenditure should be given to something you do care about, shouldn't it?
Caring about misused tax money, does not equate with concern about Mideast politics. If I want something to get pissed about, how about the three pallets, each containing $144,000,000 of my taxes, in US $100 bills, that the US Air Force flew to the Iraqi government, and then disappeared. You seem to think the US is a democracy. Wrong it's an oligarchy, and I'm not one of the oligs. I can effect this shit about as much as you can prevent the Queen from claiming all the swans as her own.

Since Pop bought a TV in 1952 I've been aware of the constant turmoil in the middle east. Like watching one of the mudpots at Yellowstone Park. There's a lot going on down deep but it's opaque, so you only see the bubbles as they rise to the surface. Thrown out? Driven out? Trying to escape? We'll never know why, only that they rise, then self destruct leaving nothing but stench behind.

Not one of the countries over there is our(US) friend. None of the people over there are my friend, and I suspect half of them would kill me in a heartbeat. As for, Oh, the humanity, the children, think of the children, I'll save my empathy for the other billions of people struggling against nature,(flood, famine, disease) rather than these fools with their generational blood feuds.