View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #66
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
blockaded into an ever narrowing strip of land should leave or die is ludicrous
We can try to talk about this topic. I hope we can. But nobody has really said what you said they said so it's not a conversation yet.

Is it your understanding that this blockade is meant to keep things and people in?

Do you have a take on the blockade preventing long-range missiles from Gaza? Do you believe that happened? Would you permit that?

Quote:
It takes a very small amount of internet searching to see what the latest Israeli incursion is doing. Wiping out tunnels? So there are tunnels under farms are there, as farms and orchards have been been decimated through Israeli bombing?
Too bad they don't have any greenhouses!

Quote:
If we had to rely purely Israeli reporting to reach our conclusions I could maybe possibly understand the severity of some of the comments being made. But the web gives us the opportunity to view from many sides. Not everything that comes from another source is propaganda.
Oh, guess what: not everything out of Israel either. I mean unless the Times, the Guardian, the Sun and the Mail are all identical in some form in their reporting on British issues. You may safely read the Jerusalem Post from time to time without getting some form of infection. It's a major newspaper written by a sophisticated, cultured, western people who think like us. There's even debate about what to do, as Israeli opinion is not uniform.

But you're suggesting ignorance is the cause of our disagreement. What do we do when people disagree with us? #1, we think they are ignorant of the facts. #2, we think they are idiots. #3, we think they are evil.

I'm glad you are only expressing #1. If tell you that I've studied the matter in great detail and have collected a ton of facts, please do not move on to #2 where I don't have the intellectual capacity to interpret them. That's a bad time for me.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote