View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #1599
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Oh I really loved series 1 of the Wire. I fell off it during series 2 though. Might go back and rewatch!

You know the actor who plays McNulty is English right? Also Stringer Bell.
And they're both GORGEOUS! Dominic West has that sumpin' sumpin' je ne sais quoi thing that makes me say "well, hello there!"

I knew they had referred to McNulty as Irish in the first ep. I wasn't sure his nationality because he's got the dark hair and eyes.

Two of the actors were in Oz, too. Seth Gilliam (Ellis Carver on The Wire) played the rogue guard Clayton Hughes, and J.D. Williams (Bodie on The Wire) played inmate Kenny "Bricks" Wangler. Great acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The Wire is interesting because it jumps around Baltimore telling the same grand story from different points of view in the city, finally bringing it all together in the final season.

I think season 2 is the one that takes place down at the docks. It's an abrupt change, but stay with it.
Yes, I saw on the back of the season 2 box that McNulty is now on Harbor Patrol. When I took it up to pay for it, the young man working said "YEAH!" and I told him I'd just seen the first season and I was loving it. He said it's one of his favorites, that not enough people see it, and he thinks the 2nd season is the best.

I told him "I kind of live for this stuff" and he says "I know, right?" I love the young folks. I could be one, if it weren't for my age.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote