Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #8
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Smart car alllllmost gets the best of a Shelby Mustang:

A sub-14 second Smart Car....With that short wheel base, and narrow track, I'll bet that is one twitchy sumbitch.
Name:  IMG_0133sm.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  171.1 KB
I have driven the Smart Fortwo several times. Twitchy is an understatement. Here you see me parked perpendicular to the curb, at my house, with my VW Golf fender in the foreground for comparison. They're very, very tiny. They're tall, so there's room for me and Twil to both sit up straight, which I love. For in city driving, they're fucking awesome. The Car2Go system is super easy, fairly priced, convenient and fun. The car is a ball to drive in the city. Plenty of pickup, responsive, good visibility, loud horn, etc. The shifting with the semi-automatic transmission is pretty jerky at times. That little three-banger gets wound waaay up before shifting--kaCHUNK.

The car's less fun on the freeway, but it can handle it. A bit bouncy over expansion joints, and I haven't driven one with a substantial crosswind and I'm not looking forward to it. All in all, a very fine city car. For the city. For two. And a couple bags of groceries.