View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #9782
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Not specifically, but I would be surprised if I hadn't heard back from Waitrose by Thursday.
They have another group interview tomorrow, but there were only six of us at this one, and I was old enough to be each of the other five's mother. Turns out it was only advertised very briefly (I thought I'd come across the advert very late, but not so much) and it was very vague regardinh hours and job role. My guess is that they needed extra cover and needed it fast and if only teens applied they'd make up more and shorter shifts. With a large student population on their doorstep they can afford to tinker with things like this.

Me applying might have upset the apple cart a little, because with no exaggeration I can say I have experience they would not have expected from the net they cast.

All the kids were super-smart and clued up, don't get me wrong. But my counter, checkout and cafe experience within the same company can't really be matched by a seventeen year old Nigerian student who has no previous work experience. Even if she is a medical student who has been accepted onto a prestigious course a year early, is a Student Ambassador and plans to be a paediatrician. I mean there's impressive, and then there's hit-the-ground-running useful

Worried about tomorrow having read the standard brief.
I'll be turning up without the correct paperwork for a start as I wasn't expecting this interview. I know they know my circumstances, but I hate to look disorganised.
And I have to get a taxi there as its too late to scout out the location. It's at least two miles out of town and I have done too much walking today to trust my feets not to bleed. I also fear getting lost, especially as I can't print out the helpful map they sent to refer back to, which worryingly seems to assume you are travelling by car anyway...

Worry, worry, worry.

This time next month I'll look back on this and laugh.
And laugh and laugh, until the nice nurse puts the comfy jacket with the long sleeves on me again.