Thread: Cupcakes
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:40 AM   #19
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I have thought about entering into the realm of food and diet issues, but have decided that it's not going to be cost effective to worry about it unless people order ahead of time. Then I can bake just about anything they might want, including gluten free etc. Most people over here seem to love icing and frosting and ganache, so I'll probably stay mostly standard.

I have one solid order already for an 18th birthday party in a few weeks. They want a large cake surrounded by similar cupcakes. That should be fun. I also have a good enquiry about a small function in need of sweets in weeks or so.

In the mean time, I will just keep making a batch every couple of days and advertise on the local community forums and facebook and try and build a name for myself.

Incidentally, since registering for a couple of the local forums in order to market my wares, I've managed to hook Aden up with two tutoring gigs which is great. Hopefully word of mouth will do it's thing for him there and he wont have to go flip burgers while he's at Uni.