View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #76
Pamela
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
What questions do you think we should have/be asking, Pamela? What would you like us to ask? What do you feel we should know but don't feel comfortable telling us until we ask?
Good question there. I have no idea. I don't want to just prattle on, basically blogging here in a forum about whatever enters my head. There are appropriate places for that.

But I imagine that if I could get inside the head of, say, a serial killer, I would really wonder what makes it tick.

I can say that I get a lot of questions in my support group regarding tips/tricks and "how do you really know..." stuff. But those are usually from beginners in our world.

Let me try this; I will relate a short story.

One of the most important days in my life. Let me take you back in time, way back to the day of Rick Levy's BBQ when he lived in Springfield. I forget the date but it had to be early 90s or late 80s.

That was the day I met MaggieL and her then partner. Suddenly, I realized that I was not alone, that I was not a freak, that there was a name for the feelings I had and that there was a way to make it all right. I wish that I had talked to her more that day but... We still talk once a year or so.

A lot more had to happen before I was willing to admit that we had the same condition. But that was the game-changer. But for that chance meeting, I would probably have gone to an early grave never knowing who I really was or that it didn't have to be that way.

This is why I run the support room. And why I go out of my way to talk to others like me. Because you never know when someone else might be having that same epiphany.

I'm not leading you in any way. Nor do I have secret talking points or a particular story to tell. I am simply surprised that no one has anything more than superficial questions. Maybe I'm just overly inquisitive, but I would want to know as much as I could find out!
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote