View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #9789
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

In the five months I've been working I've only really interacted with Deli partners and customers.
But moving onto Bakery two mornings a week, even though I am completely screened by shelving, I've made two new connections.

In fairness, one is a lady I was already on nodding terms with, but she said, "You always seemed so busy I didn't like to disturb you.". I'm actually far busier on Bakery and in a shorter span of time, but she sees me more behind the scenes as it were, in and out of the freezer, facing up and restocking the Patisserie.
She is very glamorous. And has a cat. And I don't know her name.

The other is a gingery fellow.
He works ambient bread (prepacked loaves & cakes) and the same hours I do. I think I know his name. I thought he took a bit of a shine to me. Not that I'm looking. But yeah, I'd go there...

Sadly, yesterday I was helped out by a lissome young lass they are training up on Counters.
He nearly tripped over his own feet offering help and assistance. I'd never judge anyone for responding to physical attractiveness, but the difference in the way he dealt with the two of us showed me he was just being a mate to me.

Mate is good. Getting to know more people is good.
Something good has come from this change of shift!