View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #32
AmandaH&K
Layperson

[quote=lumberjim;889033]

Look at the Subaru , goddammit. The sport even looks like an elantra GT and theyre both 20k. the Scoobie will hold it's value a lot better though.

Ha! I'm turning my boyfriend into a Subaru enthusiast! As i said to Lola, I am still absolutely in love with my 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 liter 4 cyl. 7 years later and the car still has a ton of pep! No issues passing anyone or going up hills, 107,000 miles and the engine is still very responsive. My 06 resells for about $7000 on the lower end right now. Those that sound "tinny?" I hear that on the much older models, but not within the last ten years, i'd say. The impreza is a smaller car (although newer models have a larger backseat now) so if you want more room, go for a legacy. If you want a dependable, reliable, safe, fun zippy car, subaru is a definite contender. Please, go test drive one. you don't know the difference until you do. tight suspension, responsive steering, all wheel drive all the time. I can't say enough about my subaru or subaru in general...love, love, love it!

If you aren't interested in a subaru, the altima is an excellent car. Huge inside and also is reliable and holds its value well. Hyundai is good for their warranties. I believe they've really upped their game recently. The only thing that still worries me (my own personal opinion) is the reliability years down the road and resale value. But again, that is only my opinion.

You need to check out consumer reports and test drive, test drive, test drive! My only other contender was a mazda 6 sport...i test drove it and hated how the whole car jerked away from me when i (intentionally) hit a pothole cover. The car was done for me. Enter the impreza. Beyond happy with my decision. Go test drive and see what you like!
AmandaH&K is offline   Reply With Quote