View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #9675
Nirvana
Back in 10

Sexobon I entered into an implied contract when I was hired "I work you, pay me" This is an "at will" employer they could fire me for no reason and I may quit for no reason, at any time, they do not need to give reason nor do I.

My first day was Jan 2nd. My pay was to be 1 week in arrears, I should have been paid on Jan 10th. When I was not paid on Jan 17th I find them in breach of "our contract" I personally think they need to pay me ASAP or our working relationship is no longer.

I already looked up the Wage and Hourly division laws in the state of Indiana. However I do think they will pay me but they have ruined any incentive I might have had to go beyond what may be asked of me in their work environment.

For some reason10 new hires did not show up for orientation and I suspect they could not pass the drug screen. Finding people to suit them seems a bit tough for them and all their hoops one must jump.

The fact that they pay you to sit through videos on orientation [4 hours] safety in the work place, charity works they are doing in other states, and how to treat fellow employees leads me to believe they do have the money to pay their people they just have as Bruce declared, sloppy management right now.

I already thought of interest

They do give you a voucher for prescription safety glasses as long as you buy them at WalMart. I have been there twice but feel reluctant to purchase when I have not been paid