View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #805
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

What is pissing you off this time?

Well, since you ask...

Back in 2012 some dozy lad reversed his car into mine. Net result severe crease in offside back door and just under £1,000 worth of damage. (About $1,600). I was stationary and just about to move off when the prang occurred. Despite my insurer's herculean efforts to the contrary, it was reasonably easy to sort out, but then the fun started.
I have been driven to distraction by phone calls from so called 'Claims Management' companies. A less forgiving individual than me would describe them as leeches, vultures, hyaenas and all round pains in the fundament. They have tried to get me to claim for 'discomfort' and 'invisible bruising'. I am having some difficulty with the concept of 'invisible bruising' but I'm not a medical man so we'll just let that pass.

I am tired beyond all imagining of telling them that I have no grounds on which to make a claim. I have tried being well mannered, being thoroughly bloody rude and everything in between but still the calls come. I don't have much cause to use my mobile phone and when I am at home it is switched off. When it is switched on generally, if the display shows no number, or an unrecognised number, I don't answer. Interestingly, somehow they spoof the caller's number and the phone will show a call as being from any one of multiple locations within the UK. The giveaway is that the last three digits are always the same. Anyone know how this is done?

Anyway, one poor soul has had a victory over the forces of darkness and wasted their time.

The scammers are mostly based in the Liverpool area and, with the best will in the world, the local accent can present difficulties for the uninitiated. Subtitles are thoughtfully provided. I realise that these pranks are not to everyone's taste, but I think that the first of the two calls is worth listening to. It was an inspired move to bring his dog into the story at about the three minute mark.

Anyway, if you have been, thanks for reading.

Last edited by Carruthers; 12-18-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammar wot I got wrong.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote