View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
chrisinhouston
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
at the risk of asking you to incriminate yourself, would you say that you committed voter fraud by not having the proper ID and voting anyhow?
No not at all, the US Passport is one of the allowable ID's such as a Texas DL or concealed gun permit (college IDs even if from a state college are no longer valid) so our ID was fine. And the poll worker accepted our ID as valid, she just had to indicate that it did not match perfectly and I initialed that I agreed but we were allowed to vote and have our ballot counted. It just saddens me that the GOP in power here and in other states keep trying to game the system to keep their party in power. The voter ID as an election security issue is as false making abortion providers have hospital admitting privileges is for the safety of women.

Oh and one other funny thing. My area's TX legislator kept saying the ID issue was no different than having ID to get past the TSA for a flight. Well at the airport I can use my Global Entry card and my wife can use her TWIC card which are both valid federally issued ID but Texas does not recognize them for voting!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote