View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #114
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
The people want the Congress (all of them), to have the same Obamacare plans that we're going to have - no more, and no less.

So that was passed - but then the Feds got a 75% exemption (which I don't understand HOW that happened to slip by, but it did),
Both of those are simply lies. Maybe you're lying, or maybe you're just passing on lies that you believe.

Under the ACA, Congresspeople and their staffs are the only people who are explicitly forced onto the exchanges; their employer-provided plans cancelled by the law. While I think that's a good thing, it is explicitly NOT "the same" thing that everybody else gets. Most professionals on their level in the private sector will keep their employer-provided plans.

The so called "exemption" (exemption from what?) that they will be getting is the employer contribution that they had been getting, and that most professionals in the private sector will be getting for their private plans, will be available for them to buy insurance on the market. Something similar is often available in the private sector when you decide to use your spouse's insurance, and get cash instead of coverage. In this case, they are forced onto the exchanges instead of deciding to opt out, and they get money for the exchange instead of cash, so they actually have a worse deal than their private sector equivalents.

Giving them the same treatment as everyone else would mean letting them keep their employer-provided Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote