View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #73
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Saw an interview with a Republican congressman who also happens to be a doctor. He stated that his opposition to the law was because it was flawed and that Americans deserved the more perfect, Republican supported approach to affordable and accessible healthcare that he implied was ready to be implemented at a moment's notice.

It sounds like the kind of bullshit someone late on their rent would use with their landlord.

"Look, I know that the rent's due and it 750 dollars, but all I have is 695 and I really think that you deserve all of it considering this really great apartment. I couldn't even imagine insulting you with a partial payment, so if you come back in two weeks you will get what you really deserve."

I don't think that there is anyone who believes that the party in the majority in the house had an effective health care proposal they were fully willing to support that they just happened to fail to bring to the floor.

I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote