Thread: Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #36
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

We seriously cheaped out, and I actually regret it a tiny bit. I do mean seriously cheap:

Dress: $99 (still quite happy with this, it really was the exact dress I wanted)
Flowers: $500 (mother-in-law bought them for us)
Cake: $175 (my aunt bought this for us)
Church rental: maybe $400?
Pianist: $150
Reception rental: $175 (this was the "business party room" at the apartment complex next to the church, but it was nicer than it sounds)
Photographer: $300 (I paid a friend of a friend cash in exchange for her giving me all the negatives, so I could order reprints as I saw fit. I thought the whole wedding photography crap of "we give you just the 45 best shots, and you can order reprints from us at $5 each" was complete bullshit. Mine was her first wedding and she is now a very expensive wedding photographer in town, so having my wedding pictures in her portfolio definitely helped her out as well.)

Catering: Ah... yeah. I think we had like one fruit tray and one tray of cocktail shrimp. This is the part I am most embarrassed about--the reception was just a bunch of people milling about with all the food gone in about ten minutes. I was so sick of the planning process by the time I got around to thinking about food that I completely punted it. It was mid-afternoon, I rationalized, they would have cake and that would be enough...

Rehearsal dinner: I can't even remember. It was at a low-key Italian place, and I am 99% sure we didn't pay for it, but I can't think of who did. My mom, probably. Would have been about $10-$12 a plate, for about 30 people, I think.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote