View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Our actions are the constructs of belief/desire sets. We desire something, we believe that something will fulfill that desire, we believe that our actions will obtain that something, we act.

We desire personal security. We believe that money will provide that. We believe that working hard will earn us money. We work hard.

The problem is that we suffer from broken belief/desire sets. We desire things that are harmful to ourselves or others, and we have ill-conceived beliefs about how to gain those things.

We desire to be valued by another. We believe that a relationship provides that. We believe that being passive and codependent is the best way to maintain that relationship. We act in ways that are codependent.

We desire to not be threatened by anyone. We believe that the only way to achieve this is through holding more power than anyone else. We believe that by manipulation and deception we can gain more power than anyone else. We manipulate and deceive.

We act with free will, but we do so along lines of faulty desires and faulty beliefs. Perhaps in heaven, community exists in such a way that we still operate with free will, but we do so without desiring harmful things, and without holding corrupted beliefs about how to achieve them.

We desire personal security. We believe that mutual respect is the best way to achieve this. We believe that humility and compassion are the best ways to achieve mutual respect. We act with humility and compassion.

Sounds good to me. I’m in. Who’s with me?

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote