View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #343
glatt

I'm dragging this morning.

Around midnight last night, after having trouble falling asleep because I was too warm, I discovered that the air conditioner was just blowing warm air on us, and that's why I had been a little warm all evening. Fuck. So I went downstairs and opened the kitchen window above the outside condenser to listen. It wasn't running. I went to the thermostat and turned off the AC, and then turned it back on. I heard a click out at the condenser as I turned it back on. The AC was trying to turn on, but wasn't able to. I turned it off again. So I went down in the basement and checked the circuit breaker. It hadn't been tripped. But I flipped the breaker off and back on anyway. But I was tired and wasn't interested in trouble shooting any more, so I opened the windows and went to bed. It was a lot cooler outside than inside anyway, so it was better.

I kept thinking about what might be wrong, and it was a while before I fell asleep.

This morning, I tried turning the AC on, and the condenser came right on. Yeah! It works, but I don't know what had been wrong with it, so that's got me a tad apprehensive.

Then I grabbed an apple to take with my lunch, and there was water in the crisper drawer, and on the floor of the fridge. Dammit! This old house. The drain line was probably plugged, and I was already late for work.

That's when my wife told me that my son had played a prank by punching a hole in the base of a can of soda, draining the soda, and filling the can with water. Apparently duct tape isn't water proof and the water leaked out of the can and inside the fridge. The little fucker. I left for work after giving him instructions to get a sponge and to mop out the fridge. At least the fridge isn't broken.

In the end, everything appears to be fine. So I shouldn't complain, but ain't nobody got time for that.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote