Thread: PRISM
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

I can't tell you what privacy means in the electronic age. I do know that I choose to share on the cellar but I don't name a lot of names and am vague when I feel its warranted. My company forces me to use gmail so I keep that account pretty sterile. I don't fazebook but I have an unused lunkedin account with minimal info and few connections... The English version of privacy has government cameras rolling the Merican has private cameras rolling... Corporations spend a lot on collecting data to sell or to sell us stuff. The same data that sells me a subscription to Mother Earth News could put me on a nutter survivalist watch list. If we look at the drug war folks are killed by their government by accident all the time so what would make the WOT any different? I ask because I don't know. The fascination with secrecy displayed by our government is interesting, individuals have no expectation of privacy but the government that serves us has become extremely opaque.