View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #9253
JamesB
Violator of Customs

Today I got a call from a car collector based in Melbourne that`s interested in buying my car. Mid next week, he`ll fly up to Brisbane for a day trip to look at the car and make me an offer.

Last Sunday, I received a firm offer of $12,500 from a collector in Brisbane, so that`s the worst I`ll do.

If I could afford to wait, it might reach as high as the low $20,000s, but I`m flying back to Canada in a week and a half, so it looks like these two offers are it.

I haven`t even started the engine since pulling the car out of storage a week and a half ago, but both buyers are happy with that and would both prefer the engine wasn`t started.

I`ve spent most of the past few days returning the engine bay to as close to as possible to the configuration it was in when it was delivered 34 years ago. Still got a few flexible couplers to fit to the air intake plumbing, but it`s just about done.

Quote:
Nothing says unprofessional job like wrinkles in duct tape.
Disclaimer: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, and may entirely lack a coherent theme.
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote