View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #5196
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Yeah, he does his own washing mostly (sometimes I do it if I'm not too busy and it's in the big kids basket waiting to be done) and he can cook and helps out around the house, and he's an awesome big brother who helps out with baby sitting etc when required.

He's not a bad kid. He's pretty freaking awesome actually. He just sucks at studying and I'm actually not sure how to motivate him any more. Mav (the next one on the list) sits down and does his when it needs doing and seems to respond well when I ask how he's going, but for some reason, Aden has a chip on his shoulder about some things lately. I know his life has not been so easy a lot of the time. Being the oldest child and witness to some pretty bad stuff in his younger years has given him a lot to process through the years, so i sort of know why he is trying to blame me in a way. I actually think that when he gets older he'll regret the things he said today and has obviously been feeling for a while, but that doesn't help now.

I need to find a way to get him on track and ready to go forward. not wallow in his little pity party he's throwing for himself.