Thread: Fun with LASERs
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
JamesB
Violator of Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Man do I envy you that equipment. And know-how.

I love that TARDIS.

Is the "official color" affected by the undrlying material color? Or is the paint opaque enough that the material doesn't matter?
The paint I used is a standard satin finish latex interior paint, so like all latex paints, put on enough coats and the underlying colour doesn't show through.

The real trick was getting the paint mixed to the correct colour. The BBC Doctor Who Style Manual that I had access to (not something you can normally buy, and used by license holders as a reference), states that the correct colour is Pantone 2955C. While you can by paint from Pantone, the price was outrageous ($40/quart plus shipping, customs, and taxes) and the delivery time just wasn't compatible with the short time period I had to get a painted model together. I used a couple tools to translate the Pantone number into a colour format that could be used by the colour mixing equipment at our local Home Depot.

Quote:
Nothing says unprofessional job like wrinkles in duct tape.
Disclaimer: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, and may entirely lack a coherent theme.
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote