Thread: My Family
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #151
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Foodities!

Pub food this time, not gourmet, although I hope it reflects how far England has advanced since a lukewarm meat pie and wooden chips were all that were on offer.

I offered my parents Easter Lunch, to thank them for taking care of the Diz-cat while I was on Arran.
I also had a voucher (which they knew about, so it doesn't count as sneaky.)

Mum declined, but suggested we could go down the pub for snacks and maybe a drink.
She meant definitely a drink, but drinking with the 'rents was never a problem with me.
Drinking high-alcohol rotgut in my room is the problem.

So we went there Saturday eve, after watching the boat-race, and a good time was had by all.

'Rents had an Ultimate Sharer For Two
Quote:
Breaded torpedo prawns, onion rings, garlic ciabatta, jacket potato wedges, chicken wings, garlic breaded mushrooms and nachos topped with cheese and salsa served with BBQ, sour cream and chipotle dips.
Sounds like a tableful of food, but as you can see it is really intended as a starter, especially between three adults of healthy appetites.

I had the Spicy Snack Selection. Much cheaper and qualified me for a free drink.
Which Mum had, actually.
Quote:
Onion bhaji, samosa, pakora and a spring roll with yoghurt and mint dip (raita).
Which Mum had most of, actually

Limey and Dani, I promise I am still eating.
Just not all that much deep-fried food at once.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 04-01-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote