View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #9162
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dads has a form of epilepsy.
It's now official and will mean he is no longer allowed to drive.
This fucks up his life and Mum's life pretty much. They're not abandoned in the wilderness, they are on a good bus route (with free travel cards) and a walk from a local shop and Church, but it's not how they've lived their lives.

Dad was a delivery driver for a publishers when she met him. She's never driven and he's always loved it. Major fuckuppery to hear in one afternoon, given this has been being investigated for at least two years now.

Me?
Got a letter from Luton Hospital after my blood tests.
No call-back. Yay!
Well. Unless you count a Gastroscopy. Opened the letter this afternoon. Was going to ask Dad to take me because if you request sedation they will not release you without knowing your travel plans. And given Mum's experience I was seriously intending sedation. She's a tough bird and she said childbirth was easier.

Second letter was a copy sent to a Dr at Addenrooke's in Cambridge. Highly respected hospital.
My consultant wants me to have a trasnjugular liver biopsy. She told me she was considering asking for one, but not that it would involve another hospital.

Apparently:
Quote:
Clinically she appears cirrhotic with a bilirubin of 53, and an INR of 1.7 and an albumin of 31 and platelets of 147. She has a discriminant function of 26 and a MELD of 26, however, interestingly she has significantly raised IgG and is strongly positive for anti-smooth muscle antibodies.
The only word I hooked on was "interestingly".
I'm dying, but at least I'm interesting.