View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #683
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

A guy comes in on Saturday with a carpet kicker. This is an item that I was previously not aware of, since I have never installed carpets. You actually apply pressure with your knee to stretch the carpet out to the edges of a room.

The selling price of a Harbor Freight carpet kicker is $19.99. There are better ones for like $80, but this gentleman's carpet kicker was very old and not very nice. It's just a piece of metal and a piece of rubber and an edge with hooks on it.

He wanted $25, and we would only buy his piece of shit for $5 and not pawn for it at all. But sometimes people complain when we don't buy their stuff. This gentleman's method of complaining was to stare directly at me and ask over and over again for a $25 pawn. For like 5 minutes. Wouldn't leave the window. Just stood there and stared at me and asked over and over why we wouldn't loan him $25 on his piece of shit item.

See, this is not a very compelling story, when it comes to the pawn stories, but there are as many of these stories as there are compelling ones. It's the regular minor indignities of dealing with people who are truly uneducated and ignorant and uncultured... or high.

Because just now, the guy comes back in with the same carpet kicker, and asks for $25 again. I tell him with a degree of firmness, "We don't take carpet kickers, that's not something we deal in," and he walks away, leaving without complaint.

Can you explain it? That's your goal, in today's game of Retarded or High.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote