View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

What is consuming your brain and leaving it mush?

My brain is obviously being consumed. I remember less and less each day, though I'm getting more and more stuff to have to try to learn and remember.

So more stuff goes into spaces that are not really brain matter. It sits in there giving me headaches and confusing me. Ask me a series of pointed questions (making sure you have that disapproving bird-head cocked to the side look) and by the end I won't even be able to form a coherent sentence.

Try something like this:

Q: What color is that pen?
A: It's blue.
Q: It is?
A: Well, mostly...it has blue ink and blue and white case and cap.
Q: (rolls eyes) You've told me nothing about that pen. How can you not know more about that pen? In fact, why did you even show up without the pen knowledge you were mystically expected to know inside and out?
A: Well, see, I was working on that project about construction paper and...
Q: Construction paper? That's not done yet? Why not?
A: There were technical issues with the construction paper, and with no one around with any help on the construction paper, I was trying to work through it myself. While keeping those ten other projects going, most of which are also technically 'screwed.' You know, I was hired to ascertain the use of office chairs and compare and contrast with office chairs around the country. I don't have time to spend the time pens and construction paper deserve. I'm really doing my best.
Q:Well I just don't know what I'm going to do. You're obviously not playing on the team and you have no comprehension about anything that is going on.
A: Also, a symptom of the illness that recently took me off the streets, so to speak, is an inability to process insane amounts of information at once. I took this job because I thought I'd be working with the chairs, perfecting that process, protecting the interested parties.
Q: (mean bird look): You haven't even gotten back to me about the paper clips and the window blinds.
A: (blinks) I...I, wasn't aware I was supposed to...
Q: Of course you weren't aware. No one told you. I expect you to know things through osmosis. Get involved!
A: Uh, I really am part of this team and I don't understand what you want from me (voice chokes up, tears start hopping from my eyes.)
Q: (look of pure disgust) Go to your room without dinner
A: yes ma'am (shucks and jives to room.)

I. Am. Miserable.

Thanks for listening.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote