View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Welcome to today's game of "RETARDED or HIGH".

30-year-old man comes in mumbling, mumbling, mumbling. He slowly meanders over to the window, mumbling mumbling. Once he gets there he starts reciting his information: "Name Charles Mumford, address 474 Hanes St, phone 2155554746..." I wait and he does not give me the critical information of social security number with which I can look up his stuff. I ask "Social?" In his mumbling he manages to tell it to me without too much trouble.

He has no current pawns. He has two items picked up yesterday.

He manages to say he doesn't remember this, and believes that he did not go out yesterday. But he can't communicate beyond that -- although he is saying many words, most of them are incomprehensible.

I tell him over and over that he has no pawns with us, but he does not understand.

I go about my business, which is writing this post, and he drifts over to the DVDs. He looks at them for a while. Finally he drifts back and seems to ask about his pawns again.

This time I tell him, slowly and loudly, that his items have been picked up yesterday, if not by him, by someone who had the tickets, and we have no remaining business and he can leave.

This time he gets it enough to understand that he has no business, and leaves with a final mumbled "Have a blessed evening."

It is 1:40pm in the bright afternoon.

Now the critical clue: co-worker Ron reports that he came in yesterday, lucid, with a massive wad of cash and picked up all his stuff.

If you had "HIGH" you have won today's game.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote