View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #560
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Things went crazy this morning when there was a triple witching hour:

- It's Friday
- It's the 1st of the month
- A shop down the street that normally does money orders had their machine go on the fritz this morning

The first two mean people got their pay and their checks and are coming in to get money orders to pay their bills. The last means we got double the money order people on a busy money order day.

So the morning was so busy that we had everyone working full-speed at the same time. It was pretty amazing and the day does go faster when there is a lot of shit going on.

The good thing is that when people have money again, they are generally happy. They are coming in and retrieving their items, and the stories turn positive. Despite a busy day, there have only been two rude people so far.

~

I think I have remarked on the terrible hygiene of the ghetto people. There's no way a germophobe could ever work here. Here's a new level: the other day a woman could not get her rings off her finger to pawn them. So she stuck her entire finger in her mouth and SUCKED THE RINGS OFF HER FINGER. And then she proudly handed them to me to pawn.

I don't care, I just go wash with the anti-bacterial soap. But you always have to keep track of when you need a scrub-down. Like, before eating a sandwich for lunch. This is the only place I may wash my hands BEFORE going to the bathroom.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote