View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #60
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Being a liberal arts major and being terrified of mathematics of any and all kinds, YET WORKING in a scientific field where intuition meant nothing and empirical evidence was everything taught me that empirical evidence, the scientific method, is not infallible, does NOT tell the whole picture. I could look at machines that told me my patient was just fine, all vitals good, but something else would nag at me about him/her and I would not believe the science in front of me and I was usually RIGHT. My patient was a human, not a series of vital signs, family info, accident info, reports, etc. When I was diagnosed with stage III cancer I KNEW I wouldn't die. Women with lesser cancers and a whole lot more going for them did die. If Dana says I shrink the universe by saying it's this or that than you do, too; by saying it's got to be science or it's nothing. I believe there are other forces at work----forces that science doesn't dream of.

I'm sorry if i'm taking this all too personally. I'm wracked. I'm wrecked. There are many reasons for this, yes, Autumn is one, but there are others.

And to tell you the honest to godd truth, I feel very alone and sad today. Alone. I usually like 'alone' and am never lonely but now I am. Very lonely. And being maudlin, I suppose, doesn't help or endear me to anyone. i come here for solace too much. I need to engage with RL people because I am afraid I am too ingrown.
so. all apologies. I cannot compete with you or Dana when it comes to articulating arguments. Your both smarter; let's face that fact. I've no wish to impose my beliefs on anyone. Or argue them. Or, actually, do anything.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote