View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #34
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Radar, you just sit back and hope for the Utopia(sp?)That you so much want, then put reality in in prospective, and when you wake up the next morning, which one do you wake up to see?
I don't believe in Utopia. My solutions work in the real world around us that we wake up to right now. We don't need a Utopia for them to work.

Quote:
I donnot support Imperialistic values, thats Marxists.
Imperialism is entirely different than Marxism. Imperialism is the belief that one country should run other countries. Marxism is the beleif that the means of production should be owned by the state and everyone should make the same amount of money regardless of how much they produce. (Well there's a lot more to Marxism, but that's it in a nutshell)

One can be a Marxist but not an imperialist and one can be an imperialist but not a Marxist. England is a nation of imperialists. They had a large Empire. Perhaps you're familiar with the phrase, "The sun never sets on the British Empire". America was created to escape from Imperialism (The British Empire) and now, thanks to the likes of George W. Bush, we're practicing it.

If you had read the writings of the founding fathers, you'd know that America was created to secure individual liberty and that we wanted to people to keep our government in check through the Constitution.

Quote:
You are the type of person that burns the flags, arent you.
No, I am not. But unlike you, I recognize the fact that one of the things the American flag stands for is the freedom to burn American flags.

Quote:
Are you the leader of the an Anti- American, Anarchist Group?
No, I'm a leader of a very pro-American political party that is minarchistic. We want a small, efficient, and cheap government that only does what is specifically listed in the Constitution. Just like Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, etc.

Quote:
If you dont like the country you live in, move.
I love my country very much and I've sworn an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. And the greatest danger to it right now is domestic. In fact it's in the oval office.

In the words of Edward Abbey, "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."

Unlike the fools who think the measure of patriotism is in how many flags they can stick to their pickup truck, I am a true American patriot. And patriots have always questioned authority and the motives of government. You on the other hand are not a patriot. You are a nationalist. You are the type who wraps himself up in the flag and says stupid things like, "My Country Right or Wrong"

Last edited by Radar; 03-10-2004 at 04:37 PM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote