View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #74
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

This is true. I can't find the date of my next appointment. It might be in my car in my Looney Trapper Keeper (not really a Trapper Keeper it just likes to feel important, as we all do...it's more of a folder.)

But yes, it is obvious that 1) My ill health is a joke to her, a non-thing, a weakness. 2) She wants to break me...she watches me when we meet one and one and watches my face and pushes in the knife when she's found the soft spot. 3) She is counting on my mental state to drive a 'walking out' on my part.

She isn't going to get her way. I won't walk out. She will have to fire me. Also, I'm counting on therapy to help keep me focused as to not breaking.

DIVERSITY! The calls rang out. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. WE MUST LEARN TO RESPECT AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND OTHERS. WE MUST MAKE ALLOWANCES FOR ILLNESSES AND DISABILITIES. WE ARE THE GODDAM WORLD AND WE ARE DETERMINED TO GIVE EVERYONE...EVERYONE...A CHANCE TO BE BETTER, TO GET BETTER, TO DO BETTER...unless'n we ain't gonna see no glory from it. Unless it ain't gonna make the papers like "Look what ONE person is doing to make lives better."

Unless your diversity is something someone finds loathsome. Unless your illness or disability doesn't yet fall into the realm of Society Goes Gung Ho For the Latest Illness. Unless someone labels your illness shameful.

Big. Giant. Hypocrisy.

I am going to start keeping notes again, better notes. Compromising my recovery is a very good point. I will talk to Lynne about it when I go back to see her.

Thanks Dana.

Last edited by infinite monkey; 02-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote