View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #72
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I thought part of the point of such a group was to kind of spread our diversity around ... having a vote for the top choice of three possibilities suggested flattens this out a bit, but still allows for a lot of choices that we might not ordinarily make for ourselves.

Like the CD exchange, I know that I am going to be encountering artists that I never heard before, get a taste of, and may be driven to further exploring.

It's all part of the fun.

As far as discussing any particular book of the month, it can commence at any time after the book is chosen. We can start by sharing thoughts related to our reaction to the chosen volume ... our expections out of the gate, so to speak, and then move on to our reactions to the books, either as the reading progresses, and also most importantly when it's completed.

Also, there is going to be a lot of flux and flow related to who reads, who doesn't who just can't finish (Like OC and that book she has been unable to complete). That's grist for the discussion mill as well ... what makes this book difficult to get through, what made it a joy to read, what about it made you think?

As it happens, much as I'd hate throwing money in her general direction, I might be interested in reading the junior senator from NY's book. It's something I wouldn't choose on my own, presents far different viewpoints from my own, and would offer me an opportunity to further clarify or further adjust my own view of the world and politics.

See, even I can consider the possibilities!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote