View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #8945
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

VENTING HERE.

Met a man, had a chat.
Random encounter - I have no social life, so I thought he might be a friend if nothing else.
We met again on Saturday. Not even a date.
When we parted the deal was that we were in a similar situation, and it would be good to be friends/ get to know eachother.

I got a text on Sunday (in txtspk) just asking how I was.

Now it was a family day yesterday - 'rents 45th anniversary.
I made cakes & helped prep the paella which is their traditional anniversary meal. I admit I ignored the text at the time (cakes in oven) then came back to it after the meal & sharing day. 20.00.

I replied, but in the mean time two texts came through asking me if I was happy with the free drinks he'd bought me (what? one was fizzy water and I turned down dinner or a taxi home) and the next saying he would leave my boots - wellies - outside the Dairy Maid, which is where he picked me up from the day before. I'd worn them for a walk in the woods.

I was all churned up. Freaked out, thinking it was because I delayed sending a text. Angry that someone could be so rude with no reason. Confused because if it wasn't the text then WTF?

So I responded asking if he was okay (benefit of the doubt).
Left my phone on silent all day, did not want to be stressed out by made-up drama, but no call or text (phew!)

Checked it when I got home at 16.00. Then again probably 19.30.
Somewhere during that time he sent another text confirming he had left my wellies OUTSIDE the pub and calling me a con and a liar.

I AM SO ANGRY.
I hate being mis-judged or mis-represented.
I told him no lies, asked for NOTHING, had a couple of beers with him but nothing extreme.
I mean the first time we met - briefly - I bought him a drink.
What sort of con out to bleed a man dry refuses dinner and a taxi and kills the golden goose by not texting back?

I knew he had issues. I heard a lot of them on Saturday.
I even came home and said to Mum - he's okay, but he has had a hard time (meaning I'm not sure we have a lot in common and I'm wary).

I really want to know why he said those things and be able to refute the claims.
Because whatever he believes is not true.
But of course it is not worth it.
I met him twice and I don't want drama.
And I do not want to associate with this person.

I know. Silly thing to get upset about.
It's definitely more about my anger at being called names than anything.
And it looks like I lost my lovely peacock wellies.

Fucking arsehole.