View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sasquatch DNA sequenced .. WTF?

Quote:
Researchers Sequence Sasquatch Genome, Novel Hominins Extant in North America

Next-Generation Whole Genome Sequencing Proves Extant Human Relative, Findings Published in Denovo Journal of Science

The team, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum, DVM, of DNA Diagnostics in Nacogdoches, TX, sequenced the three whole nuclear genomes using the next-generation Illumina HiSeq 2000 platform at University of Texas, Southwestern from a tissue sample, a saliva sample, and a blood sample. The three genomes all attained Q30 quality scores above 88 on the Illumina platform, significantly higher than the platform average of 85, indicating highly-purified, single-source DNA with no contamination for each sample. The three Sasquatch genomes align well with one-another and show substantial homology to primate sequences.

In addition to the three nuclear genomes, Ketchum’s team also sequenced 20 whole and 10 partial mitochondrial genomes from the Sasquatch samples. In contrast to the nuDNA results, the Sasquatch mtDNA was fully modern Homo sapiens, indicating that the species is a hybrid cross between modern Homo sapiens in the maternal lineage and an unknown hominin male progenitor.
Let me just say....

WHAT?????