View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #28
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
That's what they say what will happen. One day all the energy will have been transformed into head and the temperature will be the same in every point of the universe, and it won't be hot!
That's one theory. Another is that the so-called dark matter will eventually overtake everything and the universe will collapse in on itself and we start all over again.

To subscribe to the first theory (for which there is a lot of supporting evidence) is to accept the idea that the universe had a specific beginning and will have a specific end. And the end will be conclusive and final.

Without a shred of evidence to back it up, I submit that there seems to be a discord about everything within the universe being cyclical while the universe itself is not. My guess is that the universe is in some kind of never-ending loop.

The model I came up with is a vocano crater filled with water that is welling up slowly from a spring down deep. The water in the center is fairly stable while the water close to the edge is spilling over the edge of the crater and, hence is moving quickly. The water that spills over is somehow feeding the spring that is welling up inside the crater.

A goofy analogy perhaps but one that allows me to put things in some sort of context. I'm the first to admit that it raises questions that I'm neither equipped nor prepared to answer. I think its hard to understand something when there are forces influencing it that we are not even aware of.