View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #493
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

it MIGHT be the moon (I always swore it was when in nursing practice) but it's more likely that the windfall of the 1st of the month is down to beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

when you only get paid once a month it's very hard not to run out and buy all the things you need/want right away and save a bit for the last two weeks.

I just paid a guy 53.50 to tell me the flap on my furnace filter was what was making the buzzing noise in my furnace. A less than one second job. I feel like a fool. but I know NOTHING about home ownership----and housecalls from tradespeople ususally start at 100.00 just for showing up. I have a non-working disposal, non-working dishwasher, and two leaking faucets. No landlord. He's 85 and a psychokiller [ psycho killer qu'est-ce que c'est ]

UT- I sincerely hope you don't get shot or otherwise maimed while at job, walking to or from said job and I hope you don't lose your sense of humor over it. Working with pawn people is probably a lot like working with the mentally ill----hell, they probably ARE mentally ill---a good portion, anyway.

I am trying. I am really, really trying not to be a psychopath-----(thanks, Dana, for the reading suggestion)----but it's hard once you've been around the wrong side of the tracks one too many times. It begins to wear off on you, like a stink you just can't get rid of and before you know it...well, for me, I was becoming LIKE THEM. Also, the culture of health care in this nation is such that you don't want to know. Lunch? uh.....take a bite of sandwich in between patients. Sometimes I was still swallowing my turkey bite when I entered a pts. room.

I kinda wish the END was near. I was very happy floating about space being nothing and unconscious. Like I've said before---mafioso in another life. I pay. I pay. As do we all.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote