View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #570
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak
There's no need to shoot a drunk who is causing no one any serious harm.

He's drunk, and he's trying to get inside a hotel where he'd like a room, or help to find his room - he's not trying to rape or kill or kidnap anyone.

There's no need to fire a gun unless the threat is very immediate, and very serious.

Real People are armed. Sheeple People rely on their invisibility cloaks to avoid being a victim.
The guy wasn't just drunk, he was high on dog knows what. The doors leading into motel rooms were pretty obvious - even to a drunk. He was attempting to break into the laundry room located down a short hallway from the front desk and all that cash. And he was very mean and very big.

Under circumstances like that I figure the guy could be capable of doing anything. He was certainly doing a number on that door, and I might have been next on his list. The threat was very immediate when we stood there face to face and very serious as far as I was concerned. If I'd shot him with a gun instead of pepper spray, I would have been justified, and my local cop friends would have backed me up. Thanks to my handy pepper spray, I was spared all the complications of the aftermath of shooting someone with a gun.

Real people try to find the least violent way of dealing with a situation